7/23/2011

Granny Squares for charity

Last week I found a nice project for the charity "Helfen mit Herz und Händen" ("Helping with heart and hands"). This charity is meant to help poor children in Berlin and the purpose is to knit, crochet or sew clothing or toys for these children. Jasmin from the web page veilchenschoen.de has been taking part in that charity and within that also developed her own little "variation project". She thought it would be good if she could get as many of her readers and customers (she owns a yarn store) to help crochet granny squares in order to make one or more baby blanket(s) for the charity mentioned above. Unfortunately, I only learned about that project last week and the dead line is already on Monday (25th). So I lost no time and got my 3,0 mm crochet hook and started crocheting three colorful granny squares. I used some cotton yarn that I still had left over from cocheting all the kids' sun hats in spring. Then I quickly went to the post office on Thursday and sent the granny squares off to Germany. And now I hope that the post is not slow and that Jasmin will get my squares in time to use them for the blankie!!! 

Here are the granny squares I sent: 















I crocheted them using a pattern from Lucy from Attic 24. She designed the square called "Summer Garden Granny Square" and the pattern can be seen HERE

It was so much fun to crochet these little squares in between and to send them off on a big journey in a safe and comfy bubble wrap envelope. The thought of them maybe helping to warm a child or baby in need is very exciting and I am so glad I took part in the project after all :-)


PS: Sorry that many of the links I gave in this post are in German...


___

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen