7/06/2011

Designing granny squares...

...is a whole lot of fun but also quite tricky! In the last post I already showed you my first self-designed granny square and here you can see it again in a more detailed shot:



















And last night while watching the newest episode of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" I started crocheting a second granny square and just made it up while the yarn was literally jumping off my hook :-)


















I really like it! I wanted to create something with leaves and that's also the part I like most (the green). But I think I will have to come up with a better center since the current one seems a little stiff or hard for the blossomy rest. Maybe a flower. 

And since I am already designing granny squares I can as well write instructions for them, too. So I think tonight I will sit down and write the instructions for these two grannies and maybe post them already tomorrow, we'll see.


Alongside creating granny squares I am working on two other "use-up-old-yarn crochet projects" at the moment (surprise, surprise...). First I am making a very colorful striped snake for the little one. It's supposed to be 1,50 m (4'11") and by now I have completed 40 cm (15,75"). So it's still quite a way... The project is very comfortable though since it doesn't have to be "perfect" and it's crocheted quite quickly.

Also I still have so much brown and beige yarn that I don't need (and also don't wanna use for either the snake or the grannies) and that's why I decided to make a pillow cover. It will suit our couch very well since that's brown. The cover will also be made of granny squares, but small ones that are crocheted very tightly, only consisting of single and half double crochets. There are no pictures yet but when I crocheted a little more I will sure document my progress :-)

And becaue of all the crocheting I neglect my zipper sweater project :-( But somehow I feel much more like crochting than knitting at the moment... :-)




_____________________________________

2 Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Christiane,

    do you prefer English or German? You left a comment in German so I'll stick to German, too.... :o)

    Dein neues Granny Square (huch, das ist nun doch wieder Englisch....) ist wirklich sehr süß geworden. Die Blättchen gefallen mir auch sehr und mal sehen, ob ich das nicht "klauen" kann. Wirst du eine Anleitung erstellen? *zwinkerzwinker*

    Danke für deine lieben Worte bei mir und ich werde sicher ab und an wieder bei dir vorbeischauen.... zumindest auf deinem Blog - Island ist ja doch ne Ecke weg. Wie spannend, das muss wunderschön sein....

    Liebe Grüße
    Mariya

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey Mariya,
    diesen Blog gibts auch auf deutsch:
    slimmi-strickt.blogspot.com!
    Dort habe ich auch gestern eine Anleitung für das Blätter-Granny hochgeladen. Die Anleitung für das andere folgt in Kürze :-)
    Viele Grüße,
    Christiane

    AntwortenLöschen