6/24/2011

A little project in between

I used up all of the dark grey wool for the sweater so I can't continue knitting that at the moment. The other day I was in the store and wanted to buy more, but unfortunately I had to discover that there are two kinds of dark grey. One is more brownish, the other more colder grey. One has No. 5, the other No. 52. Great, I thought, I have no idea which one I am using, so I didn't buy any of them, just not to risk getting the wrong one, that would be a shame.
At home I immediately got myself a new little project. When I was in Germany in May I bought a cute green crochet top on a flee market. There were a few spots that were falling apart so I took a crochet hook and fixed the top, which was easy since the thread was neatly tied to the top. Anyway, the top was fixed but somehow I found it a bit boring. But in Germany I also bought (for the first time) the amazing Catania Cotton yarn that everybody is so crazy about, and I decided to use the two colors I had, cherry red and light pink, and crochet an edging around the bottom seam of the top. And I liked that so much that I turned to the neckline and worked my way around there also. 
This is the result that I have by now:





































And here are two detail pictures, first the neckline and second the bottom edging:




































I like the result but somehow it's still missing the "special something"!
In the knitting club at nadelspiel.com I also posted this pictures and asked for advice and a great one already came saying that it would look cute if I would have a satin band in the center under the neckline and tie a bow. That indeed sounds very cute :-)
Well, I will think about it a little while longer!




_____________

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen